Helping people to help themselves, embraces people’s human rights to sustainable development living, where the local people are supported to enhance their community and to do this in a manner which is workable longterm.
- People’s human rights –
- Access to learning resources and a quality education
- Readily available clean drinking water
- Good sanitation
- Access to medical support and affordable medicines
- Child and maternal health
- Gender equity
- Reduced poverty and achieve sustainable development
- Economic, social and cultural rights
- A life fee of violence and abuse
- Youth being involved
People know and understand their local community problems and are able to find solutions that are obtainable; to further their development all they need is increased skills and knowledge, the equipment and tools to do this, along with a solid support system which enables people to reach their full potential.